Benefits of PRP Treatments
- Improves Skin Texture
- Promotes New Cell Growth & Repair
- Stimulates Production of Collagen
- Reduces Inflammation
- Firms & Tightens the Skin
- Lightens Dark Circles
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment may not be as sensational and curious sounding as the nickname ‘The Vampire Facial” suggests, in fact, it’s one of the best facials you can treat yourself to.
Why vampire? We use your very own blood to help improve the texture, quality, and firmness of your skin. However, unlike vampires who are normally portrayed with pasty, pale skin, you can expect a radiant, youthful, and healthy look.
After centrifuging your blood, we use the nutrient-rich, self-produced ‘liquid gold’ that contains plasma cells and platelets. The natural components in this concentrated substance is used on the target area to promote self-healing, stimulate collagen, and encourage new skin growth.
A PRP treatment is rejuvenating from the inside out, making it ideal for anyone wanting to improve the texture and ‘radiance’ of the skin.
The major advantage is that you are treated with a natural body substance. It’s as natural at it gets!
Small injections delivering major results!
Natural and effective
- Simple, non-surgical treatment
- Tightens & improves the quality of the skin
- Great for all ages & skin types
- Minimal downtime
- Can be used pretty much anywhere on the body
- Cost effective and easy to maintain results
- Can treat small or large areas in one sitting
- Improves scarring and stretch marks
Aging, sickness, and exposure causes injury to the skin, and this presents cosmetic and health concerns that require treatment.
PRP treatments use your own blood cell components to naturally provide benefits that you can see and that happen under the surface of the skin.
- Improve texture
- Reduce inflammation
- Facilitate tissue repair
- Promote new skin cell growth
- Stimulate collagen production
- Firm and tighten quality of skin
- Lighten dark circles
- By tightening the skin, reducing the signs of aging, and improving texture and radiance of the skin, PRP results in healthier, firmer skin that looks younger and more beautiful.
At Injectable Effects we use PRP anywhere on the face, neck and décolletage, stomach and hands.
Popular areas to treat include:
- Around eyes (periorbital area) to tighten skin, reduce darkness and rejuvenate
- Acne scarring
- Facial lines
- Loose skin on face (great for crepey skin)
- Neck lines and skin laxity
This therapy is also very effective on the stomach to reduce stretch marks and tighten skin post pregnancy.
Basically, PRP can be used anywhere on the skin that you might want to experience the benefits!
Each PRP treatment will take approximately one hour, depending on the size of the area being treated. The process is as follows:
- Numbing cream is applied to the treatment area.
- The treatment is discussed and consent is obtained.
- A small amount of blood is taken from your arm.
- This is placed in a centrifuge for 5mins where it spins and separates the blood components.
- The yellow nutrient-rich plasma (sometimes referred to as ‘liquid gold’) is then injected into the treatment area using either a syringe and needle and/or a
- You will be given after care instructions to follow but downtime is minimal and there is no need to take time off work following your treatment.
You will be given after care instructions to follow but downtime is minimal and there is no need to take time off work following your treatment.
We recommend a course of 3 treatments initially at 4-6 week intervals, however, quantity of treatments depends on the target area you want to treat and the severity of the condition. Annual maintenance treatments are recommended although sometimes results can be visible for up to 2 years!
Here’s a general guideline of what you can expect.
- Anti-aging for face, hands, neck, décolletage – 3+ treatments
- Facial scarring – 6+ treatments
- Stomach stretch marks – 6+ treatments
- Annual maintenance – 1-2 treatments
Treatments are typically scheduled four to six weeks apart.
A specific treatment plan and schedule will be discussed at your consultation.
Numbing cream is used prior to treatment in order to reduce any discomfort felt.
Some treatment areas will cause very little discomfort and others are naturally a bit more sensitive. Having said that, most clients report that PRP is not normally too uncomfortable.
Feel free to take Panadol prior to your treatment if you are worried about the pain.
Recovery time is minimal. Each person is different, so we advise taking it easy for the first 24-48 hours with no vigorous exercise for 24 hours following the treatment.
Activation of the platelets can cause side effects such as redness and/or heat at the treatment site, but this is normal.
Slight bruising and swelling may be may expected. However, these symptoms don’t typically interfere with your normal daily activities and there is no need to take time off work for this treatment.
You can start to see results 2-3 weeks after your first PRP treatment with results continuing to improve for several months. Keeping up with treatments discussed at your consultation will help to boost and stimulate results.
- Usually, the first results seen are improved skin elasticity, turgor, and complexion.
- Visible facial lines will soften and improve after your second treatment.
- New collagen development can take up to 12 weeks.
- When you have 3 or more treatments, you may notice the benefits for up to two years!
Because the treatment is completely natural, considering it’s coming from your own blood, results can be affected by smoking, stress, and sickness. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way towards better, glowing, and youthful skin.
Your skin is extra sensitive while on Roaccutane so we recommend waiting for approximately 3 months after stopping your Roaccutane course.
Your medical history and overall health will be discussed at your consultation to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for PRP facial treatments.
Any contraindications will need to be discussed but PRP is not suitable for the following individuals:
- Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Women trying to conceive
- Those with an autoimmune disease
- People on anti-coagulation medication
- Those who have any type of cancer
- Those with implants in the area
- People with active acne or broken skin in the area to be treated
Because we are using your own blood then things like illness, stress and overall health will affect the integrity and health of the blood.
If you are a smoker then more treatments will be necessary to see improvement.
If you’re unsure about PRP being appropriate for you, please contact us to further discuss any concerns you may have.
PLEASE NOTE: The TGA prohibits the advertisement of services related to autologous human cell and tissue products. As such, statements made in relation to such services is to provide the consumer information about the services offered by Injectable Effects only. It is not intended to promote the use or supply of such goods or services. Contact our clinic to arrange a consultation with one of our qualified nurses, during which all your treatment options will be explained, and recommendations will be provided to you based on your individual preferences and desired outcomes.